Friday, October 21, 2011

New Info Released on the Training Droid

Part of today's Friday Update is a look inside the Collector's and Digital Download Editions of Star Wars: the Old Republic. As far as updates go, this one is pretty anti-climatic since we know almost all of the information already. However, there is one nice little nugget concerning the Training Droid (which comes with both the CE and DDE).

Before this update, this is all we knew about the droid:


How it would assist you in combat has remained a mystery until now, and I've got to say it's just as unimpressive as I thought it would be. Just as I suspected it's really just another vanity pet giving you no actual combat advantage. Here's the new description:


I suppose this could be useful when you are fighting an enemy who can stealth, but I can't think of a use other than that. I was actually hoping for a droid like Luke had in the video below, basically a portable training dummy. In the end I'm not truly disappointed as my main concern was that it was going to give players who bought these editions an advantage. As long as we don't get any advantage, I'm just happy to get another cute little droid to follow me around.